Carbon monoxide (CO) is a gas that is produced when fuel is burned. It is a by-product of combustion and can be found in car exhaust fumes, cigarette smoke, and fuel-burning appliances such as furnaces, stoves, and water heaters. When inhaled, carbon monoxide prevents the blood from carrying oxygen to the body’s tissues and organs. This can lead to serious health effects, including death. At low levels, carbon monoxide can cause headaches, dizziness, and nausea. At high levels, it can be fatal.
For this reason, it is important to be aware of the signs and symptoms of CO poisoning and to take steps to prevent it. Some simple precautions include ensuring that your car’s exhaust system is in good working order and never running a car in an enclosed space.
That’s why it’s important to make sure that your car is not producing too much carbon monoxide. You can do this by having it checked regularly by a mechanic. You should also be sure to open the windows while you’re driving, so that the gas doesn’t build up inside the car.
If you suspect that you or someone else has been exposed to carbon monoxide, it is important to get fresh air immediately and to seek medical attention.
- 44% can’t identify KIA’s new logo – survey results - December 13, 2022
- Most hyped electric cars that are NOT Tesla! [Study by Rerev] - November 29, 2022
- Chevrolet - November 6, 2022